Pre Departure Check List
1. A credit card will be handy. It is advisable that money should be brought into Malaysia in Travellers Cheques for safety. Ideally it should cover the first month’s expenses. Three (3) months will be best. It should cover your daily expenses such as food and important items like accommodation costs, books and stationery.
Do not bring too many personal items, just the essential ones. Important personal items to pack:
- Personal toiletries (toothbrush, comb, deodorant, etc.)
- Bed linen (sheet and pillow case) – 1 set
- Bath towel
- Adapter plugs (220 - 240 volts / 50 cycle AC system.)
- Basic Stationery
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash due to risk of theft or loss. Never put cash into checked-in luggage.
- Many students find prices of things in Malaysia cheaper or same as back home. Food, clothes, cosmetics, household items, electrical and electronic goods are conveniently available from shops in and around the campus.
2. Important documents to bring along:
- Flight Ticket
- Driver's License
- Acceptance Letter and Immigration Approval Letter
- Original Academic Qualification transcript - in English (compulsory)
- Receipts / proof of payments
- Important phone numbers
- 3. It is wise to keep clear photocopies of important documents (e.g. Offer and Acceptance Letters, Academic certificates, Qualifications, receipts, passport, ID cards, etc.)