Post - Arrival Procedure to ICYM College
Report to International Office, ICYM College
All new international students must report to the IO upon arrival or on the next business day. The following needs to be done at the IO:
- Fill Up Relevant Forms
- Student Data Form
- Insurance Form
- Welcome Kit
- Students will be briefed on the Welcome Kit consisting of:
- Welcome Letter
- International Student handbook
- Embassies addresses and phone numbers
- Other Matters
- A Bank Introduction letter will be given for opening a bank accounts.
Students are given one (1) week to settle such matters after which they must hand in passports to IO for endorsement at the Immigration Department.
Students are advised not to make travel plans out of Malaysia during this time.
Students are required to settle the initial RM15,000 (Pre-U & Diploma) or RM18,000 (Bachelor degree) advance fees before being eligible to commence classes.
It is COMPULSORY for students to attend the orientation scheduled. Important information is communicated for studies in Malaysia.
All students are required to sit for the English Placement Test (EPT). The test will be held at Language Lab (located at 2nd Floor in ICYM KL Building). The EPT results will be released the following day by their respective Schools.
Students who do not meet the English requirement may be required to undergo an Intensive English Programme for a minimum period of 10 weeks or additional remedial English classes in the first semester.
Submission of Passport for StudentPass Endorsement / Extension
New students MUST submit their passport for endorsement. Visa charges are imposed by the Immigration Dept according to country of origin. Endorsements by the Immigration Dept may take up to eight (8) weeks.
Students will be issued a receipt and copy of their passport as temporary identification pending the endorsement process.
Failure to hand in passports for endorsement may result in students overstaying their current visit passes or be classified as illegal immigrants by the Malaysian Immigration Department.
For students who need Student Pass extensions:
- Submit passport and required documents one (1) month before the current Student Pass expires. Failure to do so may result in late approvals, additional payments and penalties to obtain a Special Pass to avoid overstaying.
- Extensions by the Immigration Dept takes up to four (4) weeks. However during festive and holiday seasons it could take longer. It is advisable to submit passports early for renewal. Students are requested not to make travel plans outside Malaysia during the endorsement process.
Penalties exist for expired visas.
Overstaying is a serious offence under Malaysian law. It can result in imprisonment and deportation. You can be denied entry into Malaysia in the future if you have a record created for overstaying your visa.
Compound fines for overstaying Student Passes is RM1,000 and increases for repeat offences.
In addition ICYM College also imposes fines up to RM1,000 to cover emergency administrative paperwork and manpower to solve cases.
Students are referred to ICYM College's Rules & Regulations governing their academic rights and obligations during their tenure of study in ICYM College