a) Personal data refers to any information which may directly or indirectly identify a person which could include sensitive personal data and expression of opinion. Among others it includes :-
- Identification Card
- Place of Birth
- Examination Result
- Education History
- Employment History
- Medical History
Sources for Private Data
In providing the relevant services, ICYM may obtain personal data from various sources, such as:
- From your application forwarded to us. By submitting any application to us, you are hereby obtained consent for the information to be declared in the application.
- There could be capturing of images or audios e.g. CCTV for safety and/or recording purposes. A notice will be displayed to the effect.
- ICYM affiliates in competition or observation or research or programmes.
- Your participation with other entities.
- Your guardian, legal representative or guarantor.
- Perhaps there will be cross reference of your personal data for loan application or credit reference.
- Previous education institutions or employers.
- Your IP address will be automatically logged in into our server. In general, we do not link your IP address to identify each link unless if there is any serious breach.
- You may adjust your browser to disable ‘cookies’ to prevent storage of certain information in your system.
Purpose of Personal Data
In fulfilling our obligations, the purposes for which your personal data may be used are inclusive but not limited to:-
- For assessment of any application to ICYM
- For processing any benefits and services
- For communication purposes
- For advertorial and news
- For general administration and record purposes
- For enhancing the quality of education
- For educational and related purposes consequential to ICYM
- For replying any responses to complaints and enquiries
- For corporate governance purpose
- For consideration as a guarantor for ICYM staff/ student applying for study loan/scholarship
- Other permitted ICYM activities including and not limited to administration, academic and research.
Disclosure of Personal Data
- ICYM is under legal obligation to secure and protect confidential information including but not limited to personal data prior and after PDPA and it is our existing and continuous policy to do so.
- In order to be effective in providing continuous service, certain disclosure needs to be exercised. Your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to a third party and/or ICYM collaborative partners including but not limited to the respective and appointed outsourcing agents for the purpose of fulfilling our obligations to you in respect of the above-mentioned purposes and all such other purposes that are related to the above-mentioned purposes and also in providing integrated services, maintaining and storing records.
- In protecting your welfare and/or providing our services, it is very important to transmit or share personal information to third parties, including but not limited to :-
- Insurance companies for processing insurance claims
- Financial institutions for the payment of the financial rewards such as scholarship, loan, allowance and salary
- Any ICYM entities/affiliates for any loan/scholarship award or recognition and education-related activities
- Your authorized third parties
- Your guardian or legal representative or guarantor
- Credit Rating Agencies for credit reference in loan related application
- Enforcement regulatory and governmental agencies or by any order of court or to meet obligations to authorities
Your data may be shared when required by laws and when disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws.
Retention of Personal Data
Any personal information shall be retained by ICYM in order to serve the above purposes and as required by relevant laws and shall be destroyed and/or deleted in accordance with our retention policy applicable for us in the event such information is no longer required.
- ICYM is committed in ensuring the confidentiality, protection, security and accuracy of your personal information made available to us and it has been our ongoing strict policy to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, not misleading and updated. ICYM would also ensure that your personal data shall not be used for political and commercial purposes.
- ICYM takes a high stand that protection of personal rights is well-established long before the introduction of PDPA. PDPA now serves as an apparent Act to protect and a defined tool to provide transparency and give public awareness in how personal data is dealt.
- Subject to relevant applicable laws, sensitive personal data shall only be disclosed upon express consent from yourself.
Access to your Personal Data
You can access and update your personal data by writing to us at:
Post Address :
International College of Yayasan Melaka (ICYM)
No 1, Jalan Bukit Sebukor,
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone No : 06 - 281 7732
Consent is Fundamental
By submitting or providing your personal data to ICYM, you have consented and agreed for your personal data to be used in accordance to the terms and conditions of this policy and our related policies.
Withdrawal Of Consent
- You may withdraw your consent at any time by writing to us. We may require further details or confirmations if necessary.
- If you do not consent or subsequently withdraw your consent to the processing and disclosure of your personal data, ICYM will not be able to fulfill our obligations or to contact you or to reward you with regards to the above purposes and/or other purposes which are related to the above purposes.
Application of this Policy
- If any parts of your site connection and other websites, which such websites do not operate under this policy, we are not to receive any responsibilities arise from such sites.
- Also, if you subscribe to any application, the content or product from our strategic friends and you are later prepare for your personal data directly to that third party, which such personal data is subjected to policy of privacy/policy of data protection for a third party (if they have such policy) and not this policy.
- We suggest for you to read and to understand this policy statement/ policy of privacy/policy of data protection posted in any other websites with the purpose to understand their process to collect, process, use and expose personal data before you submit your personal data to such websites.
Tawaran Khas untuk lepasan SPM/STPM/STAM/Diploma/Matrikulasi/Asasi Sempena Ulang Tahun ke 20 ICYM
- Biasiswa Penginapan dan Pengangkutan bagi Program Diploma dan Ijazah
- Pembiayaan/Penajaan Penuh daripada PTPK bagi Program Sijil
Foundation / Diploma Foundation In Information Technology Foundation In Management Diploma In Entrepreneurship Diploma In Marketing Diploma In Accountancy Diploma In Islamic Financial Planning Diploma In Culinary Arts Diploma In Hotel Management Diploma In Tourism Management Diploma In Animation Technology Diploma In Media Technology Diploma In Theatrical Arts And Technology Diploma In Multimedia Technology Diploma In Information Technology Diploma In Computer Networking Diploma In Cyber Security Diploma In Electrical Technology Diploma In Industrial Electronic Technology Diploma In Early Childhood Education Diploma In Guidance & Counseling Diploma In Aircraft Maintenance Technology Kerjasama Universiti Teknologi Malaysia Diploma In Technology Management (UTM) Diploma In Technology Management (Accounting) (UTM) Diploma In Computer Science (Information Technology) (UTM) Sarjana Muda Sains (Pembangunan Sumber Manusia) (UTM) Sarjana Muda Pengurusan (Pemasaran) (UTM) Sarjana Muda Sains Komputer (Perisian Grafik & Multimedia) (UTM) Sarjana Muda Sains Komputer (Rangkaian & Keselamatan) (UTM) Professional License Aircraft Maintenance License Technician (AML-T) DCAM-PT-66 CAT A1 Aircraft Maintenance License Engineer (AML-E) DCAM-PT-66 CAT B1-1 Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) / Short Course Lukisan Pelan Senibina / Juruteknik Elektrik / Teknologi Automotif / Pembuatan Pastri Program Tajaan Ground Handling Management (GHM) PTPTN Bahagian Pengurusan Kemasukan Pelajar UPU KWSP YAYASAN PENERAJU UPEN PTPK TAPEM YAYASAN NEGERI ZAKAT MARA UNIVERSITI ISLAM ANTARABANGSA MALAYSIA (IIUM) UNIVERSITI KEBANGSAAN MALAYSIA (UKM) UNIVERSITI KEBANGSAAN MALAYSIA (UKM) UNIVERSITI MALAYA UNIVERSITI MALAYSIA KELANTAN (UMK) UNIVERSITI MALAYSIA PAHANG (UMP) UNIVERSITI MALAYSIA PERLIS (UNIMAP) UNIVERSITI MALAYSIA SABAH (UMS) UNIVERSITI MALAYSIA SARAWAK (UNIMAS) (KOTA SAMARAHAN) UNIVERSITI MALAYSIA TERENGGANU (UMT) UNIVERSITI PENDIDIKAN SULTAN IDRIS (UPSI) UNIVERSITI PERTAHANAN NASIONAL MALAYSIA UNIVERSITI PUTRA MALAYSIA (UPM) UNIVERSITI SAINS ISLAM MALAYSIA (USIM) UNIVERSITI SAINS MALAYSIA (USM) UNIVERSITI SULTAN ZAINAL ABIDIN (UNISZA) UNIVERSITI TEKNIKAL MALAYSIA MELAKA (UTEM) UNIVERSITI TEKNOLOGI MALAYSIA (UTM) UNIVERSITI TEKNOLOGI MARA UNIVERSITI TUN HUSSEIN ONN MALAYSIA (UTHM) UNIVERSITI UTARA MALAYSIA (UUM)