School Of Computing and Engineering Technology
International College of Yayasan Melaka (formerly Kolej Yayasan Melaka) has kept the pace with the technology industry demands. We strive to provide an enjoyable learning experience for the students and prepare them for positions in the industry. School Of Computing and Engineering Technology (SCET) was established in 2005 with an objective to train the graduates for the employment market according to the current industry requirement. SCET has collaborated with local and foreign companies in order to ensure our graduates are ready to join the current industrial workforce. Until today, we have more than 833 students studying our programs.
Information Technology (IT) is a need for real world application. The IT field has significant impacts to global technology development that has changed the paradigm of how people interact, communicate and to do things. The development of IT has its own approach to manipulating multi-disciplines of knowledge towards developing effective and efficient infrastructures, products, services and innovations.
We offers Diploma in Information Technology (DIT) and Diploma in Computer Networking (DCN). We will continue to provide excellent education and knowledge to students especially in the field of information technology and computer networking.
Since its establishment, it has produced many graduates in the field of information technology and networking. Students will also have the opportunity to get CISCO certificates. SCET comprises academic courses, skills and research as the core areas in keeping with the globalisation trend.
- Offer quality information technology programmes at the affordable fee.
- Students have the opportunity to get CISCO certificates.
- Liaises closely with industries on a regular basis to ensure all the programmes offered contain the element required to the needs of the industries.
- To date, many SCET graduates are successfully employed in various industries and organizations throughout Malaysia.
- SCET staff and lecturers are specifically selected to assist and guide students in their academic performance.
- *Programmes conducted have been awarded with the Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) Status
Our Diploma in Industrial Technology (DTE) program was established to train students in the field of industrial technology to meet the industrial needs. The DTE graduates are trained with the basic knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatic, Programmable Logic Controller (PCL) which can be applied later in industries which uses automatic manufacturing, process control and robotics. These skills and knowledge are delivered through hands on laboratory session and lecturers. Furthermore, DTE focuses on assembly, testing and maintenance of existing of new electronic industrial system prepare our graduates for the employment market.
Diploma in Electrical Technology program is designed to teach students with theoretical and laboratory work which focus on designing, analysis and planning of the electrical systems, learn how to use electrical testing equipment, electrical safety and hazard, electrical machine operation and electrical power distribution system. Furthermore, students are also being exposed to pneumatics/electropneumatics during their studies.
- Teaching and learning are conducted through 60% of practical work and 40% of theory.
- Our lecturers are equipped and well experienced in the industrial field.
- SCET graduates have better opportunity to further their studies into degree level.